Goal: Provide dignified, environmentally site-sensitive burial accommodations and infrastructure to support activities which honor and respect Veterans.
- For the next 20 years, serve the interment needs of approximately 100,000 Veterans residing within a 75 mile radius from the Cemetery; which radius includes the counties of Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito, and Santa Clara.
- Provide for approximately 13,838 interment sites.
- Develop a Cemetery Master Plan providing for the next 100 years of future burial needs.
- Market the developed Cemetery Master Plan in consideration for future grant awards.
- Offer efficient and cost effective cemetery designs and interment options.
Goal: Develop additional opportunities for productive and functional uses of the Cemetery grounds, ancillary to burials and memorials, which opportunities honor and respect Veterans and promote Veterans’ activities and organizations.
- Establish ongoing fundraising campaigns for the provision of future capital improvements to the Cemetery site.
- Develop, design, and execute construction for ancillary facilities, to include a Veterans Hall and Chapel, Outdoor Amphitheater, and overflow parking facilities.
Goal: Develop appropriate opportunities, respectful to the purpose and spirit of the Cemetery, for the creation and security of an Operations and Maintenance Endowment Fund.
- Propose and/or support economic development that is consistent with the policies and efforts of participating jurisdictional and/or governmental entities.